Getting rid of your belly bulge is important for more than just vanity’s sake. Excess abdominal fat—particularly visceral fat, the kind that surrounds your organs and puffs your stomach into a “beer gut”—is a predictor of heart disease,type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance. As you get older, your body changes how it gains and loses weight. Both men and women experience a declining metabolic rate, or the number of calories the body needs to function normally. In top of that women have to deal with menopause. If women gain weight after menopause, it’s more likely to be in their bellies.Here are 6 reason why you’re not losing belly fat:
1. You are doing the wrong workout: Cardio workouts alone won’t do much for your waist. You need to do a combination of weights and cardiovascular training. Strength training increases muscle mass, which sets your body up to burn more fat. Muscle burns more calories than fat, and therefore you naturally burn more calories throughout the day by having more muscle!
2. You are eating too many processed food: Refined grains like white bread chips, as well as refined sugars in sweetened drinks and desserts increase inflammation in our bodies and belly fat associated with inflammation. So eating natural foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will prevent belly fat becouse they contain antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Your workout isn’t challenging enough: Work harder , get out of your comfort zone, push your limits everyday to burn more fat!
4. You are stressed: you tend to reach for high-fat, high-calorie fare when you’re stressed and due to the stress hormone cortisol, may increase the amount of fat your body clings to and enlarge your fat cells
5. You lack of sleep: it turns out that those who sleep five hours or less a night are 30% more likely to gain 30 or more pounds. This is a simple example of how important is sleep.
6. You are unmotivated: Reducing belly fat takes a combination approach of a low-calorie diet that is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates and sugar along with cardiovascular and weight training,so if you are willing to do the work, you can move past genetics and lose it.